FACTS ABOUT THE STERLING SILVER COLLECTION
HERMINA WRISTWEAR jewelry is made of .925 sterling silver and all gold plated jewelry recieve a 24K plating.
The jewellery has either a polished or mat surface. Please note that a mat surface will become shinier with wear.
These surface treatments will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others.
Everyday or very frequent wear, may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have more frequent contact with surfaces.
For the gold or black platinum platings, 3 micron layers are added on to build up thickness, thus the plating lasts longer. In theory it should last about a year if it has zero contact with liquids, but this varies in accordance to how often the jewellery is worn.
Rings wear the quickest, because they get touched/banged constantly, while earrings can sometimes last 2-3 years.
- When you're not wearing your jewellery you should keep them in a safe and secure place, like your bedroom.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Jewellery boxes are a great place to keep your jewellery, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
You should treat your jewellery like any other wardrobe item.
The gold plating must get a new gold layer on when needed.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like your HERMINA jewelry replated.